What this Cottage offers
- Family Friendly
- Baby Friendly
- No pets
- Countryside location
- Beach within 10.3 miles
- Pub within 2.1 miles
- Free parking on premises
- Bedlinen & towels provided
- Environmentally friendly stay
- Free Wifi
- EV Charging
- Heated indoor swimming pool
- 2 Tennis Courts
- Games room
- Children's games & books
- Adventure play - up to 7 years
- Secure Bike storage
- Grassed recreation area
- Dedicated workspace & meeting Room
- 24 hour shared laundry
- Supermarket Deliveries
- Visit Britain Quality Approved
- Sleeps 5 +
- 3 Bedrooms
- 1 King sized bed
- 1 Zip & Link bed 5ft
- 1 Single beds
- Private patio
- Enclosed Garden
- Well equipped Kitchen
- Fridge Freezer
- Living space
- Smart Tv’s
- Wood burning stove
- Travel Cot < 2 years
- High chair
- Eco cleaning products provided
- Decorated for Christmas
- CCTV camera
- Smoke alarm
- Carbon monoxide alarm
The open plan kitchen is well equipped with dishwasher, gas cooker and traditional country style Rayburn range cooker, fridge freezer, microwave and a dining table seating up to 10 (when the cottage is combined with Woodpecker). The seating has 2 large sofas and a comfortable chair, is equipped with a widescreen TV, DVD player and iPod dock and for those cosy winter evenings, a woodburning stove (logs and firelighters supplied).
There is a Master Bedroom with king zip and link beds which leads to a Jack and Jill style family bathroom with an over bath shower, WC and hand basin. There is a single bedroom which has a 3ft single bed. Then we have a 3rd bedroom which is a double bedroom with king zip and link beds which leads into a en-suite bathroom with a shower, WC and hand basin. Travel cot, changing mat and high chair and other baby friendly extras can be booked in advance.
Swallow communicates with Woodpecker (sleeps 5) between the hallways for extended family get-togethers or friends’ reunions. Together the two cottages can sleep 10 including children plus two travel cots.
Swallow is particularly popular at Christmas time – guests love to cook their Christmas dinner in the Rayburn and the woodburner gives a cosy atmosphere for the perfect country Christmas.
VisitEngland has inspected Swallow and awarded it a 4 star Gold.
Please note this property has zip & link beds which can be used as either 2 x 2ft 6” singe beds OR 1 x 5ft king sized bed.
- 1 x king sized double bed
- 1 x 3ft single bed
- 1 x 5 ft zip and link double beds (2 x 2ft 6 in beds)
Please note this cottage has underfloor heating, solid travertine floors with rugs (similar to properties on the continent). Therefore active toddlers may require careful supervision. When booking Coot, Avocet or Garden House guests accept any risks involved.
- SLEEPS 5 plus cot
- 3 hours from London
- Indoor swimming pool
- Tennis courts
- Games Room
- Nearby beaches
- Perfect for families
- Communicating door with Woodpecker [for combined occupation]
- Kitchen: Rayburn and gas cookers, washing machine
- Dining: Large table and chairs for eight
- Sitting: Very spacious area with two sofas, widescreen television with Freeview
- Master bedroom with 1 x king sized double bed entrance to Jack and Jill Style bathroom
- 2nd Bedroom is a single room with 1 x 3ft single bed
- 3rd Bedroom is a Double bedroom with 1 x 5 ft zip and link double beds (2 x 2ft 6 in beds) with e-suite bathroom
Things you should know
Read more here on what to expect from a stay with us at Cranmer Country Cottages…
We try to engender a friendly laid- back feel to our place, where guests can come and go freely in the knowledge that if something goes wrong there is usually someone around to help. We do have a few rules in place as this makes for a better and safer experience for everyone. As a green business we believe that “less is more” however this should not mean fewer home comforts for our guests. We have done a lot of the heavy lifting in terms of energy & water management, however there is always more we can do, as there really is no plan B.
Please observe the following Property Rules before you book and during your stay:
- Check-in: After 16:00
- Check out: 10:00
- Self-check-in with lockbox
- No smoking in the cottages or on site.
- No parties or events
- Pets are not allowed on the main site. Up to 2 medium sized dogs are welcome to stay in End Cottage
- Pool rules must be observed. See our pool rules here
- Children must be supervised at all times
- No extra guests without permission.
- No noise outdoors or in the cottages or games room after 10.00pm
- No Fireworks Chinese lanterns or drones.
- No EV charging with a cable directly from the cottages
- Do not plug in heavy use external electrical items ie: air conditioning units or catering equipment. We have a 2-phase supply and this will overload our electrical supply!
- Please sort waste into household waste & recyclables before you throw.
- CCTV is in use in the car parking areas and pool Hall.
Thanks for a fantastic holiday. We have all really enjoyed Norfolk, Swallow cottage and the facilities at Cranmer. You really have thought of everything a family may need on holiday which is wonderful (and very very impressive!!)
We loved our stay here with our sons and friends. The accommodation worked perfectly for us all. The games room and pool were a fab addition and meant you had options on site rather than going out. We would book again in the future
The facilities were fantastic; a large swimming pool, an expansive lawn to run around on and the owners had thought of everything a family might need whilst self catering on holiday.
We enjoyed a multi generational holiday in Swallow cottage during August 2021. The property was very clean and stylishly furnished. The information received prior to our holiday was extensive and helpful in making plans and helped us feel as though the holiday had started a few days early.
We stayed in Swallow which forms part of a row of barn conversions looking out onto a large open field in the beautiful Norfolk countryside close to the North Norfolk Coast. Swallow a self-catering cottage with three bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and open plan living all on one floor is spacious, with modern farm house features and very comfortable furniture.
Another great Christmas in Tern, Swallow and Woodpecker Cottages. All very welcoming, warm and comfortable - everything we could need. Our Christmas dinner cooked in the Rayburn. All fantastic yet again!
Cranmer Country Cottages accommodated for all ages! From the swimming pool to the games room to the vast open space the boys were able safely able to take themselves off and make themselves at home! Swallow Cottage was perfect, and had everything and more for a family of five. Wells-next-the-sea or Holkham Beach to Brancaster Straite are a must to visit. Lynne, John and Nikki couldn't do enough for you. A real hidden gem!
The two cottages were booked as a surprise for my 60th birthday, and what a surprise. I could not have hoped for a more fantastic celebration. We all enjoyed a brisk walk in Wells-next-the Sea, lunch in a local pub followed by a swim in the great pool here. The cottages are so well equipped, everything has been well thought out. I would recommend the cottages to any group wanting something special! Very relaxing time had by all.
The site was so quiet and we were barely aware of any other guests. The swimming pool is lovely and such a rare treat. The cottage itself was beautifully equipped with quality products and a nice mix of modern and vintage decoration. It was very comfortable. The staff were very helpful and friendly. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and wouldn’t hesitate to come back.