OUR FAMILY FRIENDLY COTTAGES & AMENITIES
- The nearest family friendly beach is just 7 miles away.
- Peaceful countryside location with garden & field views
- The generous 2 acre garden can be viewed from most of the cottages with plenty of space for outdoor play
- Indoor heated swimming pool with peaceful private swims
- Childrens play house & shepherds hut
- Cots (2 wooden & 2 travel cots) with bedding, 3 x highchairs, 1 x stairgate, baby bath (on request), 1x changing mat, a hand blender, sippy cups, plastic crockery, plastic cutlery and baby bathmats are provided.
- In the games room there's a good supply of toddler books, board games & soft toys, plus a toddler table for drawing on with 2 chairs
- Enclosed private garden/ patio with barbeque
- Games room with table tennis & pool
- Free Wifi available
- Smart TV available
- Tennis Courts
- Local, trusted babysitters may be pre-booked on request (please give min. a week's notice)
- Private catering can be pre-booked in advance and ranges from gourmet meal delivery to private chef dinner parties with waitress service - great for celebrations.
- Ample private parking onsite & EV charging
- Nearest pub 2 miles
- Close to cycle routes & cycle hire
- Farm shop nearby
- Some cottages have cosy wood burning stoves
- No dogs allowed on the main holiday complex
MEMORABLE NORFOLK FAMILY HOLIDAYS
Create happy family memories to treasure and make the most of enjoying time with loved ones at our family friendly cottages. Our cosy cottages and barns are ideal for Norfolk family holidays to suit all ages; from babies, toddlers & pre-schoolers to school age children and teenagers.
You’ll find that our spaces and amenities both indoor & outdoor are designed to offer maximum downtime onsite without having to jump in the car in search of child-friendly things to do. You can plan your day around sleep times and your usual routine, as part of your home from home stay. There is plenty to see and do locally within 10 minutes from our doorstep, so whether you want a half day or full day trip it is easy to make plans.
Our pool is the jewel in the crown at Cranmer. Many young children have swum on their own for the first time here. We have a scheduled swim timetable which rarely changes, so you can see when the cottage times are before you book has both private hire time slots and open swims, so if your private swim is inconvenient there will still be an opportunity to swim on any day. Out of peak season we can be offer more flexible with swim times.
STRESS- FREE PRE-SCHOOLER AND TODDLER BREAKS PLUS BABY-FRIENDLY STAYS
Each of our cottages has the highest hygiene standards and cleanliness is one of our top priorities. We know when you have young children, the last thing you need to be worrying about is the extra kit you have to fit in the car! so we have ensured everything is right where you need it on arrival. Whether you’re after a high chair, travel cot, bed guards, blackout blinds or baby monitors, just let us know and we’ll get it sorted so you can enjoy your stay stress-free. We can even put you in touch with local food suppliers where you can order freshly cooked meals that will be waiting for you in your freezer. You just need bring their favourite cuddly toy, we will take care of the rest.
Our child-friendly amenities include:
- Ground floor facilities
- Relaxing amenities – private pool, private terrace & gardens
- Living spaces designed for downtime -plenty of children’s books to read
- Communal spaces for playing games
- Fully-equipped kitchen for whipping up a yummy feast
- Smart TV for a cosy night in watching films
- Games room & tennis for teenagers
- Close to coastal cycle routes, cycle hire available
- Short drive away from some of Norfolk’s finest golden sandy beaches
- Local experiences include seal trips, miniature train rides, rock pooling, beachcombing and crabbing
- Ample parking onsite
- Free WIFI
What we provide in your cottage:
- We provide Red Kite travel cots in all properties
- full size wooden cot for Coot Cottage.
- baby bath for coot Cottage
- High chairs with trays
- Booster seat
- Bed sides
- Changing mats
- Microwave ovens for sterilising bottles using Avent Microwave steam bags
- WIFI Baby monitor
- Child step for reaching toilet/basin
- Plug-in night light
- Games room with a selection of toys, books & games with toddlers play corner.
- Hand blender for preparing weaning foods
- Plastic cups and bowls for children
- Secure outdoor play paddock visible from cottages terraces (except Coot).
- Outdoor play equipment with swings and small slide & space for ball games.
- Secure cycle storage
- Stair gate for End cottage & Coot Cottage
Discover Cranmer and Beyond
Explore our grounds
Outside at the rear of the properties is a large grassy paddock overlooked by the individual cottages private terraces. There is a small adventure area, swings and a mini shepherds hut. It is here that children can make friends, socialise and feel a sense of freedom. In watchful view of parents.
Make a splash in the pool!
Our child friendly indoor pool has wide shallow steps providing easy entry to the water for nervous young swimmers. The water & changing area are both heated to 29/30 degrees. The pool is open for at least 8 hours every day we operate with a fixed timetable for guest only open swims & private swim sessions.
Find Fun in the games room
Our games room offers activities for all ages, with a pool table and tennis table for older children & adults and a kiddies activity corner for little ones. There are comfy sofas for parents to sit and share an array of children’s story books. Toys can be borrowed for use in the cottages.
Anyone for tennis?
We have 2 all-weather courts ideal for a family tennis tournament. There is also a seating area for a strawberries & ice cream tea!
Get together for a cycle ride right from our doorstep!
For older kids there is a cycle ride that takes you all the way to Holkham beach following the Roman Road that passes our door. For little ones there is great cycling around the Holkham estate. Cycle hire can be arranged in advance of your stay.
Discover rock-pooling, fossil hunting & shell collecting
Hunstanton and Brancaster are great places for traditional seaside activities including rock-pooling at low water. See the wonderment in children’s faces as they discover a world of creatures hidden under the sea.
Catch the Norfolk crabbing bug!
A traditional coastal pastime for families often handed down through the generations. Catch the crabs, race them to the sea and watch the sailing folk do a dance to avoid getting their toes bitten as they bring up their boats! All in good fun!
Find great places to eat
You’ll find great family friendly eateries along the coast, many with outdoor children’s play areas with seating for parents to keep watch whilst enjoying lunch. Alternatively, there are some great fish and chip shops where you can eat in or take away. Always a nostalgic part of a great family holiday!
Our Family Friendly Cottages
Read what people say about us
We have had a fantastic time and would love to come again
Very good arrangements for a family group holiday. Excellent that the swimming pool,was kept in operation with a very well organized schedule.
We have just been here for three nights but so wish we were able to stay a week! Thank you so much and we wish you every success with this venture which is truly excellent
Just wanted to say thanks for the Easter egg - what a lovely welcome surprise! We have had a wonderful stay and Coot cottage worked so well for us with Harry - you really do think of everything!
We look forward to booking again for next year; our young sons have already been asking when we can go back! Many thanks to Lynne, John & the Cranmer team for another wonderful holiday.
Lovely pool with jet stream, great child’s activity room, fantastic tennis court and even a safe kids outdoor play area. Great home from home accommodation.
I really loved Norfolk. The cottage is so so so great and the pool was the best. Everyone absolutely loved it - we thought we should have stayed a whole week. I wish I could stay forever. Bye Bye!
First Class Accommodation - highly recommended. We have stayed in 3 properties and would not hesitate in recommended them. We take our 2 small children (under 4) and often take my mother-in-law (for babysitting) and we particularly like in heated, indoor, salt water pool and huge fenced off play area which each property backs onto. Compared with other accommodation we have staying in, these are the best by a long shot.
Our family love visiting Cranmer Country Cottages and we have returned for the past 4 years. We all feel like its 'home from home' and are always made to feel so welcome by the wonderful staff. The children particularly love the yummy handmade chocolates on arrival and they are so excited to jump straight in the pool after our long journey from Hampshire. It is so worth the drive! It is brilliantly located for fantastic family days out and long strolls on amazing beaches. We have so many lovely memories