What this Cottage offers
- Family Friendly
- Baby Friendly
- No pets
- Countryside location
- Beach within 10.3 miles
- Pub within 2.1 miles
- Free parking on premises
- Bedlinen & towels provided
- Environmentally friendly stay
- Free Wifi
- EV Charging
- Heated indoor swimming pool
- 2 Tennis Courts
- Games room
- Children's games & books
- Adventure play - up to 7 years
- Secure Bike storage
- Grassed recreation area
- Dedicated workspace & meeting Room
- 24 hour shared laundry
- Supermarket Deliveries
- Visit Britain Quality Approved
- Sleeps 4 +
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathroom
- 1 King sized bed
- Private patio
- Enclosed Garden
- Well equipped Kitchen
- Fridge Freezer
- Living space
- Smart Tv’s
- Wood burning stove
- Travel Cot < 2 years
- High chair
- Eco cleaning products provided
- Decorated for Christmas
- CCTV camera
- Smoke alarm
- Carbon monoxide alarm
Wagtail provides a warm and cosy retreat for couples and quiet out-of-season bird watching weekends. It has a wood burning stove (wood and lighting products supplied) in the living area and for larger groups, it communicates with Owl via the kitchen. Together the cottages can provide spacious cooking and dining in Owl with a comfortable sitting area in Wagtail. The open plan kitchen is well-equipped with dishwasher, cooker, fridge freezer, microwave and a dining table seating 4. The cottage also has a travel cot, highchair and changing mat – other baby friendly extras can be booked in advance. The living space has a comfortable sofa and two armchairs and is equipped iwth a widescreen TV, DVD player and iPod dock.
VisitEngland have inspected Owl and awarded it 4 Star Gold.
Please note this cottage has underfloor heating, solid travertine floors with rugs (similar to properties on the continent). Therefore active toddlers may require careful supervision. When booking Coot, Avocet or Garden House guests accept any risks involved.
- SLEEPS 4 plus additional cot
- 3 hours from London
- Indoor swimming pool
- Tennis courts
- Games Room
- Nearby beaches
- Perfect for families
- Sleeps: 4 plus additional cot
- Communicating door with Owl [for combined occupation]
- Kitchen: Good range of cooking utensils, crockery and cutlery
- Dining/linving: Table and chairs for six, woodburner
- Bedroom 1: King-size bed, wardrobe and drawers, hairdryer
- Bedroom 2: Two single beds, travel cot, wardrobe and drawers
- Bathroom: Washbasin, pea shower bath, wc, heated slate floor
Things you should know
Read more here on what to expect from a stay with us at Cranmer Country Cottages…
We try to engender a friendly laid- back feel to our place, where guests can come and go freely in the knowledge that if something goes wrong there is usually someone around to help. We do have a few rules in place as this makes for a better and safer experience for everyone. As a green business we believe that “less is more” however this should not mean fewer home comforts for our guests. We have done a lot of the heavy lifting in terms of energy & water management, however there is always more we can do, as there really is no plan B.
Please observe the following Property Rules before you book and during your stay:
- Check-in: After 16:00
- Check out: 10:00
- Self-check-in with lockbox
- No smoking in the cottages or on site.
- No parties or events
- Pets are not allowed on the main site. Up to 2 medium sized dogs are welcome to stay in End Cottage
- Pool rules must be observed. See our pool rules here
- Children must be supervised at all times
- No extra guests without permission.
- No noise outdoors or in the cottages or games room after 10.00pm
- No Fireworks Chinese lanterns or drones.
- No EV charging with a cable directly from the cottages
- Do not plug in heavy use external electrical items ie: air conditioning units or catering equipment. We have a 2-phase supply and this will overload our electrical supply!
- Please sort waste into household waste & recyclables before you throw.
- CCTV is in use in the car parking areas and pool Hall.
I really loved Norfolk. The cottage is so so so great and the pool was the best. Everyone absolutely loved it - we thought we should have stayed a whole week. I wish I could stay forever. Bye Bye!
Our first winter stay and it was even better than we had hoped for! A beautiful place to relax in comfort, fill your lungs with fresh air and spend some time with the most hospitable owners, Lynne and John, who have become friends over the eight years we have been visiting. Thank you.
We had an absolutely wonderful stay at Cranmer Cottages. We stayed for 4 nights in Wagtail cottage and certainly wished we had booked for longer. The cottage was immaculate and the on site facilities including the swimming pool, games room and the vast outdoor space were an added bonus. The surrounding area was beautiful and we managed to see so much of Norfolk in such a short space of time. The owners were extremely helpful and ensured we had everything we needed. I couldn’t recommend the place highly enough
Thank you for the most wonderful stay at Wagtail last week. It was lovely to meet some of you to put faces to names and of course it was great to have such a fantastic base on some of those typically wet British days so we could still enjoy our time together.
Just a word to say how much we enjoyed our stay at the cottages - no one wanted to go home!
Check availability online or call 01328 823135
To view the price please click on an available start date (any green button O) and request the number of nights you want when prompted. The table will then display the price for your holiday. You can book online by completing the booking form and pay online via a Debit or Credit card. A booking can not be reserved until we receive a 35% deposit. Once you have paid you will receive an automated confirmation, and also a personal confirmation from us.