The properties offer flexible space to socialise together when you want to, and a space of your own if you choose to be independent.
The dining table in Garden House will seat up to 12. (See individual cottage layouts here)
When hired as group accommodation/corporate use, the properties can be organised for group dining and relaxing as shown. (Except during busy periods: Easter Holidays, June, July & August.)
Parking is available in the north carpark and adjacent to Garden House
Sorry no pets
VisitEngland has inspected Avocet and Garden House and awarded both 5 stars.
Bedroom 5 has a zip & link beds which can be used as either 2 x 3” singe beds OR 1 x 6ft super king bed
Bedroom 6 has a zip & link beds which can be used as either 2 x 2ft 6” singe beds OR 1 x 5ft double bed.
See Avocet Cottage for layout options
Please note this cottage is one of our Eco Barns and has solid travertine floors with rugs. Therefore active toddlers may require careful supervision. When booking Coot, Avocet or Garden House guests accept any risks involved.
Sleep 6 adults + 6 children + 2 travel cots or 7 adults + 4 children or 11 adults
Dining: up to 12 guests
- Bedroom 1 – King sized double bed – En-suite shower room
- Bedroom 2 – Kind sized double bed
- Bedroom 3 – 2 x 3ft single beds
- Bedroom 4 – King sized double bed – En-suite shower room
- Bedroom 5 – 1 x 6ft Zip and Link Super King OR 2 x 3ft Zip Single Beds
- Bedroom 6 –1 x 5ft Zip and Link Double OR 2 x 2ft 3 in Zip Single Beds
Bathrooms: 2 en-suite shower rooms + 2 family bathrooms with baths & over -bath showers.
Private enclosed outside dining area seating: 12
- Accommodation is all on one level.
- The properties are joined by interior insulated communicating doors into a shared boot Lobby. And front door.
- The Eco Barn is located in courtyard 3 close to the tennis courts.
- Access to the luxury indoor heated swimming pool is from courtyard 2 with a short walk along the road. (Site map)
- Coot Cottage is just next door and is ideal as a retreat for grandparents or a couple with a young baby. (Coot Cottage – sleep 3)
- The dining space in Garden house can be set up to seat 14 by special arrangement.
- The Norfolk Country Venue located in courtyard 2 is available for additional dining space, celebrations, meetings or presentation by special arrangement. Please contact us to discuss your requirements at firstname.lastname@example.org
Came across this hidden gem by accident and would like to keep it our secret ! However so pleased they are doing well. A lot of care and detail has gone into the renovation of these barns including a fab swimming pool and an essential games room for kids.
There is so much more on offer. Quiet lanes linking pretty villages with duck ponds and great pubs, watch out for the wild life on the way, brown hares and barn owls don't seem very shy as they go about their business.
I can't think of another five-star self-catering accommodation in the UK that is as green as Cranmer
We booked Garden House, Avocet & Woodpecker for a surprise birthday party for my son. It was such a brilliant weekend and I would like to thank you for recommending Susi; she was marvellous and the food was perfect. Hope to return to Cranmer Cottages in the near future and would thoroughly recommend them to everyone.
The Eco Barn was a lovely place to stay we were pleasantly surprised the Garden House and Avocet were actually connected not just 2 buildings next to each other which was great for our stay. Plenty to keep the children entertained and over all very comfy place to stay. Only a short drive from wells next the sea for a day trip out too. Highly recommend for somewhere to stay in Norfolk.
If you are looking for a luxury, family stay in North Norfolk, this is it. If you are looking for a luxury, ecologically aware family stay this is it too. A fabulous holiday with a green conscience, if you will......
Just wanted to let you know we’ve left this morning – thanks for such a lovely stay it was fab.
We had a lovely time at Cranmer. Customer service is amazing and we treasured the swimming pool and game rooms.
Thank you very much. It was our second stay with you guys and was very enjoyable. Couldn’t have asked for more. looking forward to staying with you guys again in the future.
Check availability online or call 01328 823135
To view the price please click on an available start date (any green button O) and request the number of nights you want when prompted. The table will then display the price for your holiday. You can book online by completing the booking form and pay online via a Debit or Credit card. A booking can not be reserved until we receive a 35% deposit. Once you have paid you will receive an automated confirmation, and also a personal confirmation from us.