What this Cottage offers
- Family Friendly
- Baby Friendly
- No pets
- Countryside location
- Beach within 10.3 miles
- Pub within 2.1 miles
- Free parking on premises
- Bedlinen & towels provided
- Environmentally friendly stay
- Free Wifi
- EV Charging
- Heated indoor swimming pool
- 2 Tennis Courts
- Games room
- Children's games & books
- Adventure play - up to 7 years
- Secure Bike storage
- Grassed recreation area
- Dedicated workspace & meeting Room
- 24 hour shared laundry
- Supermarket Deliveries
- Visit Britain Quality Approved
- Sleeps 12 +
- 6 Bedrooms
- Table Seats 12
- 3 King sized bed
- 2 Zip & Link bed 5ft
- 2 Single beds
- Private patio
- Enclosed Garden
- Well equipped Kitchen
- Fridge Freezer
- Living space
- Smart Tv’s
- Travel Cot < 2 years
- High chair
- Eco cleaning products provided
- Decorated for Christmas
- Eco Barn
- CCTV camera
- Smoke alarm
- Carbon monoxide alarm
The properties offer flexible space to socialise together when you want to, and a space of your own if you choose to be independent.
The dining table in Garden House will seat up to 12. (See individual cottage layout here)
When hired as group accommodation/corporate use, the properties can be organised for group dining and relaxing as shown. (Except during busy periods: Easter Holidays, June, July & August.)
Parking is available in the north carpark and adjacent to Garden House
Sorry no pets
VisitEngland has inspected Avocet and Garden House and awarded both 5 stars.
Bedroom 5 has a zip & link beds which can be used as either 2 x 3” singe beds OR 1 x 6ft super king bed
Bedroom 6 has a zip & link beds which can be used as either 2 x 2ft 6” singe beds OR 1 x 5ft double bed.
See Avocet Cottage for layout options
Please note this cottage is one of our Eco Barns and has solid travertine floors with rugs. Therefore active toddlers may require careful supervision. When booking Coot, Avocet or Garden House guests accept any risks involved.
Sleep 6 adults + 6 children + 2 travel cots or 7 adults + 4 children or 11 adults
Dining: up to 12 guests
- Bedroom 1 – King sized double bed – En-suite shower room
- Bedroom 2 – Kind sized double bed
- Bedroom 3 – 2 x 3ft single beds
- Bedroom 4 – King sized double bed – En-suite shower room
- Bedroom 5 – 1 x 6ft Zip and Link Super King OR 2 x 3ft Zip Single Beds
- Bedroom 6 –1 x 5ft Zip and Link Double OR 2 x 2ft 3 in Zip Single Beds
Bathrooms: 2 en-suite shower rooms + 2 family bathrooms with baths & over -bath showers.
Private enclosed outside dining area seating: 12
- Accommodation is all on one level.
- The properties are joined by interior insulated communicating doors into a shared boot Lobby. And front door.
- The Eco Barn is located in courtyard 3 close to the tennis courts.
- Access to the luxury indoor heated swimming pool is from courtyard 2 with a short walk along the road. (Site map)
- Coot Cottage is just next door and is ideal as a retreat for grandparents or a couple with a young baby. (Coot Cottage – sleep 3)
- The dining space in Garden house can be set up to seat 14 by special arrangement.
- The Norfolk Country Venue located in courtyard 2 is available for additional dining space, celebrations, meetings or presentation by special arrangement. Please contact us to discuss your requirements at firstname.lastname@example.org
Things you should know
Read more here on what to expect from a stay with us at Cranmer Country Cottages…
We try to engender a friendly laid- back feel to our place, where guests can come and go freely in the knowledge that if something goes wrong there is usually someone around to help. We do have a few rules in place as this makes for a better and safer experience for everyone. As a green business we believe that “less is more” however this should not mean fewer home comforts for our guests. We have done a lot of the heavy lifting in terms of energy & water management, however there is always more we can do, as there really is no plan B.
Please observe the following Property Rules before you book and during your stay:
- Check-in: After 16:00
- Check out: 10:00
- Self-check-in with lockbox
- No smoking in the cottages or on site.
- No parties or events
- Pets are not allowed on the main site. Up to 2 medium sized dogs are welcome to stay in End Cottage
- Pool rules must be observed. See our pool rules here
- Children must be supervised at all times
- No extra guests without permission.
- No noise outdoors or in the cottages or games room after 10.00pm
- No Fireworks Chinese lanterns or drones.
- No EV charging with a cable directly from the cottages
- Do not plug in heavy use external electrical items ie: air conditioning units or catering equipment. We have a 2-phase supply and this will overload our electrical supply!
- Please sort waste into household waste & recyclables before you throw.
- CCTV is in use in the car parking areas and pool Hall.
High standard accommodation, excellent customer service. This place excelled and exceeded our expectations All of the family agreed this was the best holiday yet.
An excellent example of how a luxurious accommodation can attempt to be carbon neutral
If you're looking for a luxury, family stay in North Norfolk, this is it. If you're looking for a luxury, ecologically aware family stay, this is it too.
I can't think of another five-star self-catering accommodation in the UK that is as green as Cranmer
We have stayed here countless times over the past 9 years and always have a fantastic holiday. Great location, great property, great facilities!
We had a lovely time at Cranmer. Customer service is amazing and we treasured the swimming pool and game rooms.
Thank you very much. It was our second stay with you guys and was very enjoyable. Couldn’t have asked for more. looking forward to staying with you guys again in the future.
The Eco Barn was a lovely place to stay we were pleasantly surprised the Garden House and Avocet were actually connected not just 2 buildings next to each other which was great for our stay. Plenty to keep the children entertained and over all very comfy place to stay. Only a short drive from wells next the sea for a day trip out too. Highly recommend for somewhere to stay in Norfolk.
There is so much more on offer. Quiet lanes linking pretty villages with duck ponds and great pubs, watch out for the wild life on the way, brown hares and barn owls don't seem very shy as they go about their business.
Check availability online or call 01328 823135
To view the price please click on an available start date (any green button O) and request the number of nights you want when prompted. The table will then display the price for your holiday. You can book online by completing the booking form and pay online via a Debit or Credit card. A booking can not be reserved until we receive a 35% deposit. Once you have paid you will receive an automated confirmation, and also a personal confirmation from us.