What this Cottage offers
- Family Friendly
- Baby Friendly
- No pets
- Countryside location
- Beach within 10.3 miles
- Pub within 2.1 miles
- Free parking on premises
- Bedlinen & towels provided
- Environmentally friendly stay
- Free Wifi
- EV Charging
- Heated indoor swimming pool
- 2 Tennis Courts
- Games room
- Children's games & books
- Adventure play - up to 7 years
- Secure Bike storage
- Grassed recreation area
- Dedicated workspace & meeting Room
- 24 hour shared laundry
- Supermarket Deliveries
- Visit Britain Quality Approved
- Sleeps 10 +
- 6 Bedrooms
- 2 King sized bed
- 1 Zip & Link bed 5ft
- 5 Single beds
- Private patio
- Enclosed Garden
- Well equipped Kitchen
- Fridge Freezer
- Living space
- Smart Tv’s
- Wood burning stove
- Travel Cot < 2 years
- High chair
- Eco cleaning products provided
- Decorated for Christmas
- CCTV camera
- Smoke alarm
- Carbon monoxide alarm
Swallow provides a large flexible open dining space seating up to 10 guests. There are 6 bedrooms including 2 single bedrooms and 4 double/twin rooms, 2 family bathrooms & 2 en-suite bathrooms. The properties have private terraces overlooking an extensive recreation space with a play area for toddlers.
Guests have access to our luxury indoor heated swimming pool, 2 tennis courts, games room, recreation areas and ample parking.
The dining table in Swallow will seat up to 10. (See individual cottage layouts here)
When hired as group accommodation/corporate use, the properties can be organised for group dining and relaxing as shown. (Except during busy periods: Easter Holidays, June, July & August.)
Parking is available for 1 car adjacent to Woodpecker with overflow parking in either of the parking areas.
Sorry no pets
Swallow and Woodpecker have been inspected by VisitEngland and awarded a 4 Star Gold. All our cottages have achieved the Visit England Gold Award for exceptional quality of accommodation in 2015/6
Please note Bedroom 2 has zip & link beds which can be used as either 2 x 2ft 6” singe beds OR 1 x 5ft king sized bed. This property sleeps 6 adults + 4 children OR 4 Adults + 6 Children. See Swallow Cottage for options
Please note this cottage has underfloor heating, solid travertine floors with rugs (similar to properties on the continent). Therefore active toddlers may require careful supervision. When booking Coot, Avocet or Garden House guests accept any risks involved.
Dining for 10 guests
Sleeps : 6 adults + 4 children OR 4 Adults + 6 Children
- Bedroom 1 – king sized double bed – En-suite bathroom/family bathroom
- Bedroom 2 – 2 x 2ft 6”/ 1 x 5ft king sized zip & link beds
- Bedroom 3 – 3ft single bed – En-suite shower room
- Bedroom 4 – King sized double bed – En-suite shower room
- Bedroom 5 – 2 x 3ft single beds
- Bedroom 6 – 1 x 3ft single bed
Bathrooms: 2/3 en-suite bathrooms & 2 family bathrooms
Outside dining area overlooking gardens seating: 10
- Accommodation is all on one level.
- The properties are joined by insulated interior communicating doors.
- Swallow’s Nest is located in courtyard 2 close to the luxury indoor heated swimming pool and with easy access to the games room. (Site Plan)
- Swallow’s Nest is next door to Tern Cottage sleeping 4
- The dining area in Swallow can be set up to seat 14 (by special arrangement only).
- The Norfolk Country Venue located in courtyard 2 is available for additional dining space, celebrations, meetings or presentations by special arrangement.
Please contact us to discuss your requirements at email@example.com
Things you should know
Read more here on what to expect from a stay with us at Cranmer Country Cottages…
We try to engender a friendly laid- back feel to our place, where guests can come and go freely in the knowledge that if something goes wrong there is usually someone around to help. We do have a few rules in place as this makes for a better and safer experience for everyone. As a green business we believe that “less is more” however this should not mean fewer home comforts for our guests. We have done a lot of the heavy lifting in terms of energy & water management, however there is always more we can do, as there really is no plan B.
Please observe the following Property Rules before you book and during your stay:
- Check-in: After 16:00
- Check out: 10:00
- Self-check-in with lockbox
- No smoking in the cottages or on site.
- No parties or events
- Pets are not allowed on the main site. Up to 2 medium sized dogs are welcome to stay in End Cottage
- Pool rules must be observed. See our pool rules here
- Children must be supervised at all times
- No extra guests without permission.
- No noise outdoors or in the cottages or games room after 10.00pm
- No Fireworks Chinese lanterns or drones.
- No EV charging with a cable directly from the cottages
- Do not plug in heavy use external electrical items ie: air conditioning units or catering equipment. We have a 2-phase supply and this will overload our electrical supply!
- Please sort waste into household waste & recyclables before you throw.
- CCTV is in use in the car parking areas and pool Hall.
Thanks for a fantastic holiday. We have all really enjoyed Norfolk, Swallow cottage and the facilities at Cranmer. You really have thought of everything a family may need on holiday which is wonderful (and very very impressive!!)
We stayed in Swallow which forms part of a row of barn conversions looking out onto a large open field in the beautiful Norfolk countryside close to the North Norfolk Coast. Swallow a self-catering cottage with three bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and open plan living all on one floor is spacious, with modern farm house features and very comfortable furniture.
The site was so quiet and we were barely aware of any other guests. The swimming pool is lovely and such a rare treat. The cottage itself was beautifully equipped with quality products and a nice mix of modern and vintage decoration. It was very comfortable. The staff were very helpful and friendly. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and wouldn’t hesitate to come back.
Another great Christmas in Tern, Swallow and Woodpecker Cottages. All very welcoming, warm and comfortable - everything we could need. Our Christmas dinner cooked in the Rayburn. All fantastic yet again!
Cranmer Country Cottages accommodated for all ages! From the swimming pool to the games room to the vast open space the boys were able safely able to take themselves off and make themselves at home! Swallow Cottage was perfect, and had everything and more for a family of five. Wells-next-the-sea or Holkham Beach to Brancaster Straite are a must to visit. Lynne, John and Nikki couldn't do enough for you. A real hidden gem!
The facilities were fantastic; a large swimming pool, an expansive lawn to run around on and the owners had thought of everything a family might need whilst self catering on holiday.
Very good arrangements for a family group holiday. Excellent that the swimming pool,was kept in operation with a very well organized schedule.
We enjoyed a multi generational holiday in Swallow cottage during August 2021. The property was very clean and stylishly furnished. The information received prior to our holiday was extensive and helpful in making plans and helped us feel as though the holiday had started a few days early.
We loved our stay here with our sons and friends. The accommodation worked perfectly for us all. The games room and pool were a fab addition and meant you had options on site rather than going out. We would book again in the future
Check availability online or call 01328 823135
To view the price please click on an available start date (any green button O) and request the number of nights you want when prompted. The table will then display the price for your holiday. You can book online by completing the booking form and pay online via a Debit or Credit card. A booking can not be reserved until we receive a 35% deposit. Once you have paid you will receive an automated confirmation, and also a personal confirmation from us.